APPSC Horticulture Officer Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2021: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has invited online applications for recruitment to the post of Horticulture Officer Posts. Interested Candidates who are preparing for the APPSC Horticulture Officer Posts Exam 2021 must read the APPSC Notification & Exam Pattern Syllabus.
APPSC Horticulture Officer Posts Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2021:
Organization Name – Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
Post Name – Horticulture Officer Posts
Category – Exam Syllabus
Official website – psc.ap.gov.in
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) Horticulture Officer Posts Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
Exam Pattern & Syllabus –
General English (50 marks) & General Telugu (50 marks) (to be Qualified in English & Telugu individually) – Marks – 100 Marks (Qualifying Test ) – Question – 100 Questions – Time – 100 Minutes.
Paper -1 General Studies & Mental Ability – Marks – 150 Marks – 150 Questions – Time – 150 Minutes
Paper-2 Horticulture-I – Marks – 150 Marks – 150 Questions – Time – 150 Minutes
Paper-3 Horticulture-II – Marks – 150 Marks – 150 Questions – Time – 150 Minutes
Total – 450 Marks.
b. Usage and idiom
c. Vocabulary and punctuation
d. Logical re-arrangement of sentences
a. Synonyms & Vocabulary
c. Telugu to English meanings
d. English to Telugu meanings
Paper – I – General Studies & Mental Ability –
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- international, national, and regional.
3. General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary
developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
4. Social-economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and
e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
6. Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra
7. Physical geography of the Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
8. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention, and mitigation strategies,
Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
10. Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation.
11. Data Analysis: a) Tabulation of data, b) Visual representation of data, c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance, and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
12. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural,
Political, and Legal implications/problems.
Paper-2 Horticulture-I – Fruit Crops, Vegetable Crops, Commercial Floriculture, Ornamental Gardening And Landscape Architecture, Medicinal, Aromatic, Spices, Condiment And Plantation Crops – Medicinal Plants, Aromatic Crops, Spices, And Condiments, Plantation Crops. Dryland Horticulture And Watershed Management, Post Harvest Management Of Horticultural Crops, Preservation Of Fruits And Vegetables, Farm Power And Machinery, Greenhouse Management Of Horticultural Crops.
Paper-3 Horticulture-II – Fundamentals Of Horticulture, Plant Propagation, And Nursery Management, Plant Physiology, Entomology, Pathology, Soil Science, Introductory Agroforestry, Extension Education, Organic Farming In Horticultural Crops.
(For more details follow the official notification pdf)
APPSC Horticulture Officer Posts Syllabus >> Click Here
Official Website – psc.ap.gov.in
More Details: Before applying for the post, candidates should go through the Syllabus Notice carefully and ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions like Exam patterns & Syllabus, etc.